Wednesday 8 May 2013

Carrier Bags for wallpaper...

Over the next 2 years I started getting a bit carried away with this 'hobby' of mine.  



I never really was a fan of the yellowish-creamy colour of the walls in my room at school, and no matter how many posters you put up there was always a gap - this needed sorting!  

Since the +Morrisons flag was permanently on my bed, I thought it was only right that the walls matched as well.  So I stuck up a carrier bag...

This then led to a lot more carrier bags being stuck up, A LOT more!  It even reached the stage where I'd run out of bags so friends would bring in bags to school and say "I went to Morrisons last night and picked you up a bag"!




This shows part of the wall and the ceiling...
One of the 'old' designs


I soon ran out of wall space and began sticking them to the ceiling.  My room mate thought I'd completely lost the plot and I think she was slightly worried.  

Unfortunately the 'ceiling paper' did not last long, as one evening when my house-parent came to say goodnight she said,
"Janine, I can cope with the bags being on the wall (just), but the ceiling?! What if one fell off in the night and you suffocated? I don't want to be responsible for that!"  

So, sadly I had to take them down, I still kept the ones up on the wall though!




Can this get any stranger...?

No comments:

Post a Comment